Home / Office of Financial Aid

We realize the cost of higher education may need to be supplemented with some form of assistance. Student Financial aid is available from federal, state and institutional sources.

Financial Aid

Applying for Financial Aid

You will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Aid, and list Bluefield State school code (003809) in the appropriate box. Continuing students will receive an e-mail notification for a renewal application from the federal processor, and all applications for FAFSA must be received by April 15th of every year for consideration for the West Virginia Grant (West Virginia residents only).

After submitting the application, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the processor. SAR’s do not have to be submitted to the Financial Aid Office since we will receive the information electronically. If we need additional information for your verification, we will send you a letter indicating the documents required. You may also review your file on myBSC, and access the required documents on-line.

Tuition, fees and other college expenses, such as book loans and parking fines, etc., are collected from the first available source(s) of aid.

Attendance Requirements

You must begin attendance in all classes equaling the number of semester hours upon which the aid award is based. If you are reported for non-attendance, you may have to repay a portion or all of your financial awards.

Withdrawal Protocol

If you officially withdraw from the College, institutional refunds will be applied to financial aid accounts first in accordance with federal and institutional policy. You may be required to repay a portion of the balance of a grant depending on the date of withdrawal, or notification of non-attendance.

Additional Resources

Find comprehensive information on how you can fund your Bluefield State experience.

Office of Financial & Administrative Affairs

Paying for School

Read about and apply for available scholarships.

Applying for Scholarships