Home / Veteran

As a veteran, member of the military, or family member of one of these individuals, you have access to a wide range of VA Educational Benefits. Our goal at Bluefield State is to provide resources and support as you make the transition from service to student.

Bluefield State has an on-campus Veterans Certifying Official who works in the Registrar’s Office (Room 101, Conley Hall) and is available to help you apply for your benefits and address any concerns you might have. Bluefield State uses the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) for military personnel and American Council on Education (ACE) credits to help you get started in your educational pursuits.

How to Apply

  1. Fill out an application:
  2. Provide the following information to the Admissions Office:
    • Your high school transcript (if you are transferring less than 26 hours of credit)
    • Official transcripts from all colleges attended 
    • Contact our Veteran Certifying Official for more information