BSU FBLA Student Chapter Posts Impressive Performance at WV FBLA State Conference

An impressive debut!  Students in the Bluefield State University Future Business Leaders of America collegiate chapter enjoyed great success at the West Virginia FBLA State Leadership Conference in Huntington on April 6.

“All six BSU students have qualified to compete at the FBLA National Leadership Conference this summer in Orlando, Florida,” noted Dr. Tabitha Young, Visiting Professor/Cole College of Business, and BSU FBLA chapter advisor.  “At the WV FBLA awards ceremony, our students won seven competition categories, and two students were elected to state-level FBLA offices.  This was an amazing achievement for our students in our first year as a FBLA collegiate chapter.”

“In their own words”—Bluefield State University FBLA chapter students shared their experiences of the FBLA state conference.

Isabella McGuire—“I am so proud of how far our chapter has come in just two semesters., and I’m excited to represent the BSU FBLA chapter at nationals.”  She was also elected as a West Virginia Delegate at the national conference.

Christian Yates—“I will forever be grateful for the opportunity to represent BSU at the FBLA state conference.  I am now State Parliamentarian for WV FBLA and can compete in two events at the national conference.  I thank our adviser, Dr. Young for these opportunities and for her trust in us to represent this University in a positive manner.”

Jayden Hearn—“When I became a member of the Bluefield State FBLA chapter, I felt like I was part of a family.  Competing at the state level and being recognized with my fellow Chapter members at the awards ceremony was something I will always remember.”

Alex Ramsey—“The state FBLA conference provided an opportunity to network with my peers and with business owners from throughout the state.  I learned from students in other FBLA chapters that have been established for some time.  My favorite part of the experience is learning we could do the same thing at the national conference in June.”  

Elijah Nester- “Being able to go to my first FBLA conference was a great experience. I learned a lot about business and what it takes to start a business. I am looking forward to staying in FBLA to learn more about business.”

Rylan Bowen- “The competitive events were scary at first, but they were also very important and informational.  To stand in front of judges who critique everything from your business concept to the way you communicate and dress has taught me how to be ready for the business world.”

“In September 2023 I had the privilege to reactivate the FBLA chapter at Bluefield State University,” Dr. Young said.  “In our first year of competition at the state FBLA level, students represented Bluefield State University very well.  They not only won or placed in several categories.  They also qualified to compete at the National Leadership Conference this summer.”

“Through FBLA, our students engaged in a challenging, competitive setting. FBLA enables our students to work with other collegiate chapters.  I look forward to working with these BSU FBLA  students in their journey to nationals, and invite other students to join FBLA in the fall.” She noted.

(photo cutline)—Bluefield State University’s Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) collegiate chapter received several awards during the recent WV FBLA State Leadership Conference in Huntington.  Pictured at the conference are BSU FBLA collegiate chapter students (front row/left-to-right) Izabella McGuire, Jayden Hearn, Elijah Nester, (back row/l-to-r) Alex Ramsey, Rylan Bowen, and Christian Yates.  BSU FBLA student chapter advisor Dr. Tabitha Young noted that each of these students qualified to compete in the FBLA National Conference this summer.

Similar Posts