This nontraditional degree program is designed specifically for adult students looking to earn a baccalaureate degree.
Typical students have earned some college credit but have not yet earned a degree due to work obligations or other responsibilities. As you progress through this unique and flexible program, which requires no major or minor, you can earn an interest in an area of specification (such as Psychology, Business or Criminal Justice).
For more information on the RBA program, please email email@example.com.
In order to apply, you must have completed your high school diploma at least 4 years prior to enrollment.
If you are new to Bluefield State University, here’s what you’ll need to submit to the Admissions Office:
- Completed Bluefield State University application
- Official high school transcript or High School Equivalency scores
- Official transcripts of all previous college coursework
If you are a transfer student (or a former Bluefield State University student) without an accredited baccalaureate degree, here’s what you need to do:
- Contact the Regents Bachelor of Arts office for an evaluation
- Following this evaluation, you will be contacted about admission to the program, as well as the requirements you’ll need to complete the degree
- Our staff will assist you in preparing a portfolio detailing your work experience and non-college learning
How to Apply Credits to This Program
There are several ways that work experience or credits earned from other institutions can be applied to this program. Our office staff will work directly with you to evaluate your specific needs and experience. Here are a few ways that you can earn credit:
- Completion of college-level courses at accredited colleges or universities with satisfactory grades.
- Successful completion of College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests and other standardized tests, such as the Advanced Subject Exam of the Graduate Records Examination (GRE).
- Credit recommendations from the American Council on Education for completion of selected industrial, military, professional and/or governmental training programs.
- Faculty recommendations based on evaluations of a portfolio, which should include a detailed description of experiences that have resulted in college-level learning.
- Specific suggestions for portfolio content and format are available in the RBA office. A fee of $300 is charged each time (per semester) that you submit a portfolio for review.