Bluefield State College offers a reduced rate to students living in out-of-state counties bordering West Virginia (Metro Area). A Metro Area resident must have residency in one of the following counties:
- In Virginia—Tazewell, Bland, Giles, Buchanan, Craig, Alleghany, Bath, Highland, Augusta, Rockingham, Shenandoah, Frederick, Roanoke, Botetourt, Wise, Dickenson, Lee, Scott, Russell, Washington, Smyth, Wythe, Grayson, Carroll, Pulaski, Floyd, Rockbridge and Montgomery.
- In Kentucky—Pike, Martin, Lawrence and Boyd.
- In Ohio—Lawrence, Gallia, Meigs, Athens, Washington, Belmont, Monroe, Jefferson and Columbiana.
- In Maryland—Washington, Garrett and Allegany.
- In Pennsylvania—Beaver, Washington, Fayette and Greene.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office at (304) 327-4065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org