Instructional Technology Center
The Bluefield State College Instructional Technology Center is located on the fourth floor of the Ned E. Shott Physical Education Building; the Center for Extended Learning is located on the second floor of the same building. Both are committed to providing undergraduate instruction through provision of instructional media services to faculty, students and staff. They serve as a model demonstration and instruction site for modern instructional technologies providing multimedia, microcomputing, teleconferencing, instructional television and distance education.
The Instructional Technology Center staff is committed to the idea that learning is individual, that learning occurs at different rates for different people, that different learning styles exist, and that learning is a continuous process.
- Laptop and CD Projector Check-out
- Microcomputer Lab and Software
- 2 PC Labs
- Laser Printers
- Access to BSC-NET, Internet, Databases and the electronic library
- Television Facilities (through the June Oblinger Shott Center for Extended Learning)
- Interactive Video Classrooms & video conferencing
- BSC-TV 96 Special programming (through Comcast Cable)
- Off-air digital DVD Recording
- Video Production
- Independent Self-Study Area
- On-line course development with Blackboard and Moodle
- Digital and Video Reserves for Faculty
- The Instructional Technology Center, including Self-Study and Production areas, is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 9:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Weekend hours are sometimes arranged, but are not a part of the regular schedule.
- Hours for the Center for Extended Learning are the same, unless otherwise posted.