Welcome to the website for the Office of Multicultural Affairs at Bluefield State College. The office serves as a unit in the President’s Office.
In order to make education possible to all, the Office of Multicultural Affairs exists to build and promote a campus community that is inclusive, welcoming, and respectful of differences in race, ethnicity, gender, national origin, economic background, age, religion, disability, veteran status or marital status.
To this end, Office of Multicultural Affairs collaborates with other academic and non-academic departments/offices to ensure that students are enriched in their learning experiences to become global citizens.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs:
- Serves as a key resource for development and maintenance of a Multicultural campus environment.
- Encourages cultural exchanges between students, faculty, staff and administration.
- Provides support and advisement among culturally diverse organizations.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to recruit and enhance a diverse workforce.
- Collaborates with other departments in efforts to strengthen recruitment and retention services.
BSC is committed to and reaffirms support for Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action by improving access and advancement opportunities for groups who have historically suffered discrimination in the work place.