Here you will find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions on the BSC campus.
How do I reset my own password?
BSC utilizes a service called Self Service Reset Password Management (SSRPM). With this service you have the ability to reset and unlock you own password should the need arise outside of Technical Support office hours. You must first be enrolled in the service and set three security questions for use when you attempt to reset or unlock your password. By clicking the link for “Reset Password” on the home page, you can enroll in this service if you have not already done so.
My computer is running slow. What can I do?
General computer maintenance, just like your car's maintenance, is crucial to help keep it running smoothly. Below is a list of things that you can do on a regular basis to help keep your computer cleaned up.
- Run Disk Defragmenter
- Check hard disk drive space and remove unnecessary files
- Make sure the latest Windows updates are installed on the computer
- Make sure all browser plugins are up-to-date
- Uninstall unneeded programs (especially toolbars)
- Run driver updates
- Never install more than one anti-virus program on your computer. In this case, more is not better.
- Scan frequently for viruses, spyware and other malware. An excellent source for this is Malware Bytes which can be downloaded from www.malwarebytes.org
- Reboot often