myBSC | Banner | Beckley | Helpdesk
Thursday, December 08, 2016
Text Size


We hope that the information you are seeking can be found on this page. If you do not see the answer to your question below, please feel free to give our office a call at 304-327-4060 and we will be happy to assist you!

  • What is the grading scale at Bluefield State College?
    Bluefield State College utilizes a 4.00-0.00 point scale, A-F, for all classes numbered 100 and above.  Developmental courses (classes numbered below 100) are graded on a Satisfactory (S) or Unsatisfactory (U) basis. Developmental courses are not included in the student’s grade point average (GPA). Academic standing is based on a deficient quality point system (the number of quality points has below a 2.00 grade point average). Further information regarding the Bluefield State College grading system is available in the Bluefield State College catalog.

  • How do I receive my grades at the end of the semester?
    Final grades are posted on the Web Self Service section on the Bluefield State College website (www. . Bluefield State College no longer mails end of the semester grade reports.  Printed instructions on how to use the Web Self Service to check your grades are available in the Registrar’s Office located in room 101 in Conley Hall. 

  • What do I do if I think I received an incorrect grade for a course?
    The student should contact the instructor or the Registrar’s Office to verify the accuracy of the grade reported.

  • How do I appeal a grade?
    The process for appealing a grade is as follows:

    Review the grade with the instructor
    Review the grade with the Dean of the School with which the course was taught
    Review the grade with the Vice President for Academic Affairs
    Request a hearing before the Academic Appeals Committee

    For specific policies and procedures regarding grade appeals are outlined in the Academic Appeals section in the Bluefield State College Catalog.

  • How long do I have to make up an incomplete grade?
    A student is allowed one semester (excluding summer terms) to make up the work for a class in which an Incomplete Grade (I) was given). Failure to not make up the work within the allotted time period will result in the Incomplete Grade of (I) being changed to an “F”.  For more information refer to the college’s academic catalog under incomplete grades.