myBSC | Banner | Beckley | Helpdesk
Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Text Size

Transcripts – What are they? How do I get one?

We hope that the information you are seeking can be found on this page. If you do not see the answer to your question below, please feel free to give our office a call at 304-327-4060 and we will be happy to assist you!

  • What is an Academic Transcript?
    An Academic Transcript is the official cumulative academic record of a student. It contains the terms a student was enrolled and what classes were taken. It also contains the grades earned, degrees awarded, academic actions and honors. Some demographic information such as name, student ID number, and address is also included on the transcript. There are two types of transcripts, official and unofficial. An official academic transcript is printed on the college’s transcript paper and contains the school stamp and signature of the Registrar. It is a formal certified document in a sealed envelope with the Registrar’s stamp. Official transcripts are normally required by educational institutions, employers, government agencies, etc.  Official transcript cannot be faxed. Unofficial transcripts contain the same information as an official transcript, but it is not printed on transcript paper and does not contain the school stamp or the Registrar’s signature.  Unofficial transcripts may be faxed.

  • How can I get a copy of my transcript?
    A request for a transcript must be made by the student in writing. A transcript request form can be found in the Registrar’s Office or through the link on the Registrar’s Office website under current students under the enrollment management tab  Requests may also be mailed or faxed to the Registrar’s Office,  Requests made via the telephone, voicemail or email will not be processed.  We are unable to express mail or overnight transcripts.

    Send mail requests along with a check or money order to cover the fee(s) to:
    Bluefield State College
    Attn: Registrar’s Office
    219 Rock Street
    Bluefield, WV 24701

    Or you may fax your transcript request to 304-327-4330. Please provide credit card or debit card information for processing of your transcript fee.

  • Is there a fee for transcripts?
    Yes, there is a $5.00 fee per request. All official transcripts require payment of fee at the time of the request. Payment can be made by check or money order made payable to Bluefield State College or you may pay by cash or credit card. We accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover. For credit card payments, we will need the name as it appears on the card, the card number, and the four digit expiration date.

    Please note, no transcripts can be issued if the student has financial holds.

  • What student information does the Registrar’s Office need when requesting transcripts?
    Student’s full name, including any previous names or name changes
    Dates of enrollment (when the student attended college)
    Student ID Number or Social Security Number
    Complete address of where the transcript is to be mailed
    Current contact information of student, address and phone number
    Student’s signature
    Date of the request

  • How long will it take for my transcript to be sent?
    Once the request is received, the transcript can usually be processed and mailed within 24 hours.

  • Can I get copies of my transcripts from other schools that I attended through Bluefield State College?
    No. Transcripts and other official documents received from other schools the student attended become property of Bluefield State College. Federal Policy mandates that we are not able to copy or reproduce those records. Official records and transcripts from other institutions must be obtained through that institution.