Hints for success
- Read the syllabus thoroughly and understand class policies—it is your planning document for your course.
- Set a schedule. Plan several hours per week to read the text or materials, post questions and comments, complete and submit assignments
- Ask for help early and often. Ask Questions. Communicate with the instructor using the mail for the class if you are uncertain about ANYTHING!
- Make sure all communication is complete and concise. Use a word processor and then paste your postings for ready copies if necessary.
- Use study guides and exam reviews that are posted on the homepage for each exam.
- Take practice tests if offered. Most give immediate feedback and answers.
- Mark your calendar with test dates. Recognize your due dates and make preparation dates to keep on schedule.
- Read the Announcements page regularly. Check the homepage daily – important announcements such as class assignments and workshop dates will be posted, as well as class assignments (You may miss assignment deadlines if you do not check the homepage.)
- Stay up to date by doing the readings.
- Discuss content and use the discussion board to build community with your class mates. Discussions are more meaningful if you offer feedback and respond with positive support.
- Take class assignments seriously – assignments are ?% of your grade
- Practice any online activities such as glossary flashcards.
- View recommended animations and videos.
- When workshops are scheduled, try to attend them.
- Keep track of resources, notes and assignment for portfolios and experience
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: prepare for the exams each day!
- Technical trouble? Call the Content Management Services
- Blackboard Help Desk 304-327-4510 or 304-327-4545
|Chabot College Astronomy Courses Key to Success Scott Hildreth|
|10 Most Important Things You Can Do During Your First Week in an Online Class|
|How to Succeed as an Online Student|