December 10, 2008
Classified Staff Council
December 10, 2008
The Bluefield State College Classified Staff Council meeting was called to order at 1:34 pm in Basic Science Conference Room, Basic Science Building by Lisa Neel, Chair, presiding.
Council Representatives Present: Lisa Neel, Chair Tom Harrison, Vice-Chair
Deirdre Guyton Jane Richardson
Marviene Johnson Anita Barilla
Carol Baldwin Fred Hardee
Council Representatives Absent: Lori Dials Vonda Wilson
Council BOG Representative: Daniel Frost
Classified Staff Present: Joanna Thompson
Classified Council Meeting December 10, 2008, Page 2 of 2
o Statues of rewriting Series 8. Discussion followed.
• Personnel Development—all requests have been approved by email. There has been no meeting and very few requests. Discussion followed.
• Wellness Committee—no report. Announced that Carol Kirby had the PEIA Wellness on campus and this year there is a monetary gift from PEIA to those in the following categories: o Healthy—received a $50.00 monetary gift
o Moderate healthy—received a $25.00 monetary gift. Discussion followed.
Next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm. Location TBA
With no further business to be conducted, meeting was adjourned at 2:17 pm.
Lisa Neel, Chair
Deirdre Guyton, Recording Secretary
• Flower Fund--$320.47 in the flower fund. Will send out a request for donations the first of the year.
• Social/Activities Committee—door decorating contest is now happening. Judging will be December 19th. Spotlight of the Month has been successful. The Chair has been receiving positive emails about the project.
• Board of Governors—the meeting is scheduled for December 11th. The Board is now going to a Consent Agenda. Discussion followed. The plan is to address the following: o Salary schedule
o Issues happening at the Mountain View
o Questions concerning the salary of the BSC R&D Director. Discussion followed.
• ACCE—met with Nichelle Perkins. The group discussed the following: o 3 salary schedules (Market, Salary and Institution)
o SB 603No new business
• BSC Classified Staff Scholarship Resolution—will meet after the first of the year. Need to come up with some ideas for fundraisers. Some ideas suggested: Golf Tournament and Doughnut sale. Plans need to be finalized by February.
• Personnel Study—have not heard anything from the committee.
• Hiring Policy (AdHoc Committee)—HR sent out an email for the first meeting. The meeting will be Friday, December 12th. Meeting times have been scheduled. Brief discussion followed.
• Classified Mission Statement—will send out an email after the first of the year.