Created on Thursday, May 30 2013 15:32
Bluefield State College
Bluefield State College invites nominations and applications for the position of
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #: 112013
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Registrar
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general administrative direction from the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Registrar is responsible for developing a student-centered approach to student records with an emphasis on providing exemplary service to all constituents. The Registrar serves student enrollment needs through overseeing the timely scheduling of classes, collection and posting of grades, and confirmation of the completion of graduation requirements; interprets academic policies; and provides guidance and oversight to maintain the professional integrity of the office. The Registrar provides vision, leadership, supervision, and professional development for office staff, and maintains a high degree of contact with Bluefield State College stakeholders including faculty, administration, institutional research, technology user groups, students, and a wide variety of committees. The Registrar also provides leadership in developing and implementing various modules of the BANNER student information system so they are responsive to institutional needs and requests, a yearly academic calendar, a records/registration system, and a faculty/staff SIS training system.
- Directs daily operations in the Registrar’s Office and supervises staff and student employees.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing various modules of the BANNER student information system so they are responsive to institutional needs and request. Coordinates student records management and student course registration. Coordinates preparation of graduation audits prior to degree conferral.
- Resolves student issues; coordinates grade collection and posting to student transcripts.
- Produces reports from student information system for internal and external constituencies. Distributes historical data from Board reports and Student Profiles.
- Provides leadership in continuous improvement of college registration/records system, including planning and training for off-campus locations as needed. Defines and activates terms in the SIS and prepares refund schedules. Directs timely reporting to the Student Clearinghouse and the Veteran’s administration.
- Develops, publishes, and revises on a regular basis articulation handbooks for area colleges. Directs transfer articulation and creation of articulation booklets. Directs maintenance of automated degree audit system.
- Ensures compliance with relevant Federal and State regulations and guidelines, WVHEPC policies, and BSC BOG policies. Also, serves on various College committees.
- Certify athletes for eligibility to participate in intercollegiate sports. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree, preferably in business, higher education administration, management or related area; OR, combination of Bachelor’s degree and experience equivalent to an advanced degree. A minimum of at least three years of recent and relevant administrative or teaching experience in higher education. Ability to work effectively as a team member to ensure that departmental goals are met. Ability to understand the college revenue process, and compile and disseminate data as it relates to enrollment. Ability to comply with regulatory requirements regarding student academic records and documentation. Proven management skills; demonstrated analytical skills; strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written; demonstrated computer literacy; organizational skills; detailed oriented.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated progressively responsible experience in a Registrar’s Office of similar student-records environment; demonstrated thorough understanding of student records systems (preferably BANNER); working knowledge of modern registration practices and effective use of technology.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time, Classified, Exempt Position, Pay Grade 19, entry level salary $37,613/annually.
THE COLLEGE: Established in 1895, Bluefield State College is a vital HBCU in southern West Virginia. BSC is committed to serving students through accessible and affordable higher education. The College enrolls approximately 2,000 traditional and non-traditional students in 25 undergraduate degree programs in the schools of Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering Technology & Computer Science, and Nursing & Allied Health. All eligible degree programs are accredited by their professional association. The College has received international recognition in robotics competitions and is a member of the NASA WV Space Grant Consortium. BSC is an active partner in regional economic development initiatives and also serves a growing population of students in Beckley, WV.
HOW TO APPLY: The Search Committee invites letters of nomination, inquiries, and applications. Complete application packets must include: a letter of interest, current resume, contact information for at least three professional references, transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable), and a Bluefield State College application available at available at http://bluefieldstate.edu/job/application. Review of complete applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, complete applications should be received by June 17, 2013, to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATE POSTED: May 30, 2013
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, complete applications should be received by June 17, 2013.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not sponsor H1B VISA’s.