HEAD WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL/SOFTBALL COACH
Created on Thursday, April 25 2013 13:20
Bluefield State College
POSITION TITLE: Head Women's Volleyball/Softball Coach
Job Vacancy Announcement #: 092013
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Athletics, this position serves the dual role as Head Women's Volleyball Coach and Head Women's Softball Coach.
• Plan, organize, direct and evaluate all phases of a competitive intercollegiate women's volleyball program.
• Responsible for compliance of NCAA, Conference Affiliation, and Bluefield State College.
• The primary duties for this position include coaching; recruiting qualified student athletes; conducting and supervising regular practice sessions and contests; budget administration
• Assigning responsibilities to and supervising assistant coaches; mentoring and monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
• Developing contest schedules; coordinating all team travel and facilitating camps and clinics.
• Responsible for compliance of Title IX, NCAA, WVIAC, and Bluefield State College rules and regulations.
• Fundraising, developing and maintaining positive alumni and community relations.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Director of Athletics.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in a related field. NCAA Recruiting Certification test must be passed within 60 days of hire. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven recruiting skills. Demonstrated commitment to academic success and student well-being.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Strong preference given to applicants with a Master's degree. First Aid and CPR certifications are desired.
COMPENSATION: This position is a full-time, exempt, non-classified, twelve-month position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
THE COLLEGE: Established in 1895, Bluefield State College is a vital HBCU in southern West Virginia. BSC is committed to serving students through accessible and affordable higher education. The College enrolls approximately 2,000 traditional and non-traditional students in 25 undergraduate degree programs in the schools of Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering Technology & Computer Science, and Nursing & Allied Health. All eligible degree programs are accredited by their professional association. The College has received international recognition in robotics competitions and is a member of the NASA WV Space Grant Consortium. BSC is an active partner in regional economic development initiatives and also serves a growing population of students in Beckley, WV.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants are to send a cover letter, resume, Bluefield State College application, transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references electronically to email@example.com
DATE POSTED: April 25, 2013
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until filled. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by May 10, 2013.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not sponsor H1B VISA's.