myBSC | Banner | Beckley | Helpdesk
Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Text Size

Financial Aid

Our objective is to assist you in the planning of your college expenses. We realize the cost of higher education may need to be supplemented with some form of assistance. Student Financial aid is available from federal, state and institutional sources. Students need to complete the Free Application for Federal Aid at Students should complete all sections of the form and list Bluefield State College School code (003809) in the appropriate box. Continuing students will receive an e-mail notification for a renewal application from the federal processor, all applications for the FAFSA must be received by April 15th of every year for consideration for the WV Grant (WV residents only).

After submitting the application, the student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the processor. SAR's do not have to be submitted to the Financial Aid Office. We will receive the information electronically, if we need additional information for your verification you will receive a letter indicating the documents required. You may also review your file on myBSC, and access the required documents on-line.

Tuition and fees and other college expenses, such as Book loans and parking fines, etc., are collected from the first available source(s) of aid. Students must begin attendance in all classes equaling the number of semester hours upon which the aid award is based. Students Reported for non-attendance may have to repay a portion or all of their awards. If students Officially withdraw from the College, institutional refunds will be applied to financial aid accounts first in accordance with federal and institutional policy. Students may be required to repay a portion of the balance of a grant depending on the date of withdrawal, or notification of non-attendance.