Bluefield State College’s student-friendly campus enrolls approximately 1,900 students representing 19 states and 16 countries. BSC welcomes inquiries from International Students.
Bluefield State College is an undergraduate college issuing primarily Bachelor of Science Degrees. Graduate programs are not available through this college. We sincerely hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have any questions, or need further assistance please contact our International Admissions office @ InternationalAdmit@bluefieldstate.edu.
File MUST be complete one month after deadline
Bluefield State College is not eligible to issue an I-20 until all admission requirements have been met.
- Completed International Admissions Application.
- Official High School transcripts.
- Official College transcripts from all previous coursework within or outside the US.
- If you are seeking transfer credit evaluations on international course work, it is highly recommended to have a third party evaluator evaluate the course work and have documents sent to us.
Education Evaluators International, Inc @ www.educei.com.
World Educational Services @ www.wes.org.
- Completed Financial Verification Form, showing the student has $27,000.00 minimum per year available for the student’s education in American currency.
- Enrollment recommendation
- Non-English speaking countries must provide proof of successful completion of an ESL program or TOEFL score of 500 or better/Computer TOEFL score of 173 or better/ Internet TOEFL score of 64 or better, or IEL test band score of 6.0 or better.
- If currently in the United States a copy of the current I-20
- Copy of Visa.
- If accepted an Immigration Transfer Form
- Compass Testing for placement in English and Math classes mustbe arranged prior to course registration at Bluefield State.
All international students are REQUIRED to be at
BSC the MONDAY before classes start for
Testing, Orientation, Class and SEVIS Registration.
EXPENSES ON A YEARLY BASIS TOTAL$27,000.00
Bluefield State College does not offer on Campus housing. Housing lists are available to assist students in acquiring accommodations within the community. You can also check at www.mountainviewsrc.org. Mountain View Student Residence and Conference Center is an all-inclusive premier college housing development. The student, not the College, is responsible for securing housing.
Financial aid is generally not available for foreign students.
|Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion|
|Office of International Initiatives|