Free Income Tax Preparation Offered by Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program at BSC, Beginning February 8
CreatedFriday, January 20 2012
Created byJim Nelson/Media Relations - (304) 327-4103 firstname.lastname@example.org
(BLUEFIELD)--Free income tax preparation assistance for low-to moderate income individuals, the unemployed, older individuals, and students will be offered again this year at Bluefield State College (BSC).
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, co-sponsored by the Internal Revenue Service, will offer free tax preparation help on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 4 p.m.-6 p.m., beginning on February 8, 2012. To assist individuals in the most efficient manner, everyone seeking assistance through VITA must have an appointment! To make an appointment please contact the United Way of the Virginias, Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. at (276) 322-2606
Items for individuals to bring:
• Proof of identification, example-driver's license
• All forms, including W-2s, W-2Gs, 1099s, relating to income and deductions
• Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number Verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
• A blank check or a bank statement for your checking account. For example, information like your checking account number will be needed if you would like your refund to be directly deposited.
• If you used a daycare provider, bring the total paid in 2011 and also the daycare provider's tax identifying number.
• A copy of your state and federal return from last year if available
Everyone participating in tax return preparation through the BSC VITA program has undergone training and earned certification for income tax return preparation.
"We will not be open during the week of Spring Break (March 19-23, 2012)," noted Michelle Carter, United Way Executive Director. "If the campus is closed due to inclement weather the VITA site will be closed as well. If there is inclement weather, please call to confirm your appointment."
Other dates and times are available. All interested individuals are encouraged to contact the United Way of the Virginias to schedule an appointment!